Emergency Endodontic Services in Cedar Hill, TX
Some dental problems, like infection or trauma, can be so serious or cause so much pain that you need to make an emergency appointment and be seen as soon as possible. Waiting too long might result in losing your tooth. Don't try to tough it out or wait for a regular appointment if you're experiencing pain or swelling. DnA Endodontics is proud to provide emergency endodontic services to the Cedar Hill, TX, community.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
An endodontic emergency is any problem related to the inside of the tooth. This can include an abscess, a knocked-out tooth, or a tooth that is severely cracked or broken. Dental emergencies can be extremely painful and should be treated as soon as possible. If you have any of these dental symptoms, you should contact us right away for endodontic care:
- Bleeding in your mouth
- Chipped, cracked, or loose tooth
- Knocked out tooth
- Pus or other signs of infection
- Severe dental pain
- Swollen gums
What Should I Do During an Endodontic Emergency?
If you have any of the symptoms stated above, it is essential to contact us immediately to schedule an emergency appointment. They can often be a sign of or lead to infection, which will become serious if left untreated.
In the meantime, there are some things you can do to reduce the pain and prevent the injury or infection from getting worse:
- Take over-the-counter medication as needed to relieve your pain.
- Apply an ice pack to the cheek near the affected area to reduce pain or swelling.
- Don't chew on the painful or injured tooth to avoid further damage.
- Use clean gauze or tissue to absorb the blood if your tooth is bleeding. If, however, you cannot control the bleeding, please head to your nearest emergency room.
How Can I Prevent an Endodontic Emergency?
Avoiding emergencies isn't always possible. Accidents happen to everyone. But by following these simple tips, you can reduce the chances of needing emergency endodontic care:
- Practice good oral hygiene habits at home, including brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash.
- Avoid eating a lot of sugary treats that could increase your risk of cavities.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports.
- Do not use your teeth to open things.
- Avoid chewing on hard items like ice, hard candy, pen caps, etc.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and checkups.
Where Can I Find an Emergency Endodontist Near Me?
Dental emergencies happen when you least expect them, so it's important to be prepared. Save our office number 469-272-6792 on your phone and call us at DnA Endodontics in Cedar Hill, TX, whenever you need an emergency endodontist, and we will see you as soon as possible.